Big White is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Retail Assistant Manager for the 2013/14 winter season.
Our Retail Assistant Manager is responsible for the daily operations of a variety of mountain outlets offering products ranging from ski and snowboard related merchandise to giftware. Our ideal applicant will have great passion for retail and understand our philosophy of creating a unique shopping experience based on excellent customer service in a fun and friendly environment. Our Retail Assistant Manager will work under the direction of our Retail Manager and the VP of Retail and will maintain a respectful, happy and harmonious workplace for our staff members who will be motivated and inspired by his/her leadership and strong work ethic.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Staff interviews and hiring
· Staff training and development
· Staff management and supervision
· Maintaining staff records
· Writing staff schedules
· Inventory management including receiving and processing, stock take and shrinkage control
· Maintaining inventory levels
· Inventory security
· Resolving merchandise problems such as supply shortages, faulty goods, returns
· Organizing special promotions, displays and events
· Cleanliness and presentation of all shops and storage areas
· Spending time on the shop floor to support and mentor staff as well as engaging in sales in order to stay in touch with our customers.
· Responding to customer concerns and feedback
· Achieving budget objectives and sales targets
· Staying abreast of trends and new products in the industry