After School Program Chaperone Winter 18/19
|Title:||After School Program Chaperone Winter 18/19|
|Department:||Ski & Board School|
Title: After School Program Chaperone
Department: Ski & Board School
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of all the students on the After School Program.
- Part time paid position, includes staff pass which includes staff discounts.
- Recent Criminal Record Check through the RCMP, every two (2) years
- Positive and enthusiastic personality.
- Enjoy supervising, have experience working with school aged children.
- Mandatory to be able to ski/board, require own equipment.
- Live in Kelowna or surrounding area
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend a Big White Staff training session, have equipment calibrated, helmets safety validated
- Chaperone training session at the downtown Big White office prior to the beginning of the program. Date and time TBA.
- Familiarize yourself with schedule chaperone package, duties and responsibilities prior to shift.
- Chaperones required 4-5 nights before the start of your program date, call all parents listed on the student roster to remind them of the program and go over what they have registered for. Report any changes to Schools Coordinator ASAP.
- Supervise and interact with all students in a safe manner
- Accountability of all students on roster list for the program on the night chaperoning
- Ensure the students adhere to the bus and lesson schedules.
- Conduct accurate roll call of all students on roster list and keep order on the bus.
- Be available for emergencies concerning the students.
- Assist students in preparing for their lessons (ensure they are wearing appropriate clothing, have appropriate equipment)
- Address any behavior that endangers other students or negatively impacts the surroundings in a positive and effective manner.
- Assist students with a buddy system on snow.
- Communicate aspects of the program with parents, school principals and secretaries.
- Supervise students on the snow while skiing or riding at Big White.
- Know and adhere to the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Other duties as assigned by the Big White School Coordinator.
For inquires or to apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org