|Title:||Retail Bootfitter 2015/2016|
A sound knowledge of stance analysis as it relates to skiing and snowboarding is essential. Applicants must have the ability to construct posted custom footbeds and be capable of boot modification as required.
- Performing stance analysis
- Making orthotic corrections
- Grinding and stretching boot materials
- Cuff alignments
- Performing stance alignment
- Refurbishing and repairing all manner of ski/snowboard/hockey footwear
- Preparing and posting custom orthotics (footbeds) for ski/snowboard/hockey recreational-related pursuits
- Dealing directly with customers to obtain the information necessary to perform the above duties
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy at all times
- Previous experience in bootfitting (or podiatry, orthotics, or shoemaking) is essential
- Professional attitude
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to use computer applications
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
- Must be able to deal with people of all ages in a friendly manner and with patience
- Working knowledge of the local area
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge of ski and snowboard equipment
- Knowledge of the different lasts and fits from all ski and snowboard boot manufacturers
Duration: This position will commence at the start of Big White's ski season (around mid-November 2015) and will finish between late March and mid-April.
Wages: Wages will be determined according to prior experience and skill evaluation. Please contact us for further information.
(We endeavour to provide between 28-40 hours work per week, however, there may be times when you are required to work more or fewer hours than this.)