|Title:||Sales Specialist - Ski & Board School 2013-14|
|Department:||Ski & Board School|
The Sales Specialist is the first point of contact between Ski School and the customer. Duties include selling lesson tickets and packages, cash handling and balancing, using a computerized registration program for tracking guests, providing guests with resort information, and answering enquiries in the call centre. The Sales Specialist rotates round three sales areas – Adult Desk, Kids Centre and Call Centre. Sales Specialists must be efficient, highly organized, and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as quickly develop an in-depth knowledge of the resort and its products.
- Take reservations and upsell lesson and activity packages in Call Centre, as well as deal with general enquiries
- Recall reservations, sell lessons and register guests at Adult and Kids Centre sales desks
- Liaise with assistant directors/on-snow coordinators to ensure customers get to the correct lessons and instructors are available
- Cash handling and accuracy
This is a basic outline of day to day responsibilities. Adjustments will be made if necessary to reflect the needs and expectations of the Big White Ski & Board School management.
- Be the ‘face’ of ski school and the first point of contact for guests
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of in-house departments and products
- Be prepared to switch location at no notice depending on customer volume
- Be aware of program numbers and communicate staffing needs to the Assistant Directors when necessary
- Report directly to the Sales Desk Supervisor
- Must be able to sit and stand for the duration of the shift
- Requires grasping, typing, writing, standing, sitting, repetitive motions, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity