DescriptionJob Description: This position is responsible for on snow risk management and safety of over 500,000 skier visits annually. Patrollers are responsible for all on hill first aid, public building first aid and WorkSafe BC first aid.
· Occupational First Aid Level 3 or acceptable equivalent as designated by BWSR management.
· Advanced skiing/boarding/telemarking ability – ski equipment must be DIN compatible, Tele skis must be releasable
· Ski or Snowboard equipment
· Good communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
· First aid, treatment and evacuation of injured guests and staff from Ski hill
· Incident management and investigation
· Prompt and thorough completion of paperwork
· Knowledge of terrain and resort facilities
· Radio and dispatch communications
· Public Relations / Guest Services
· Guest education in the Alpine Responsibility Code
· Slow & Family Zone enforcement & set up
· Equipment maintenance
· Maintaining hazard marking, signage, tower pads
· Opening and closing the mountain
· Participate in Search & Rescue operations and Lift Evacuation procedures
· Ability to recognize hazards to skiers/snowboarders
· Safe operation of the snowmobile
· Driving and checking of the ETV
Safety awareness is very important. You should always be aware of safety concerns for the staff, public and yourself. If you are unfamiliar with safety procedures ask your supervisor for training. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
· Ability to ski/board with a 115kg (255 lbs). toboggan
· Ability to carry 18kg (40 lbs). while skiing/riding
· Ability to lift 18kg (40 lbs).
· Ability to ski/ride for 6-7 hours a day
Location: Big White Ski Resort
Salary: Based upon relevant experience
For information on the CSPS volunteer patrol check www.cspsoz.com
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications